[ovirt-users] Hosted-Engine --Deploy option in Web

knarra knarra at redhat.com
Sat Jun 10 05:53:50 UTC 2017

On 06/10/2017 02:32 AM, Langley, Robert wrote:
> There is no Hosted Engine option within the Edit window of my
> additional host. How do I deploy Hosted-Engine to an existing host, if
> I’ve forgotten to do so when adding it as a new host? And, this host
> is one of the three storage servers hosting the engine gluster volume.
> Thanks,
> Robert Langley

Hi Robert,

    If hosted_storage and HostedEngine vm are not imported into the
cluster, you will not be able to find HostedEngine tab in the edit / Add
new host dialog . For this you will have to create first a storage
domain which will automatically import hosted_storage and HostedEngine vm.

      Once you have the other two entities  you can simply move the host
to maintenance and click reinstall. While re installing you should see a
tab called Hosted Engine and choose 'Deploy' in that tab.

  Hope this helps !!

Thanks

kasturi