[ovirt-users] Host name already in use in oVirt Engine

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Tue Jun 13 13:04:08 UTC 2017

Hello.

I had a previous Datacenter and Cluster with a Host in it which I have
removed completelly from oVirt Engine. In order to remove I did the
following steps:

- Removed all Virtual Machines on the top of the Host
- Put the only Local Datastore in Maintenence mode (It didn't allow to
remove it for some reason. Said I had to remove the Datacenter instead)
- As the Datastore couldn't be remove so the Host. I then removed the
Datacenter and it removed everything.

Then I created a new Cluster and tried to add the same Host with the
same hostname in it and I am getting the message: "Cannot add Host. The
Host name is already in use, please choose a unique name and try again."

It seems that something was left lost in the Database which still
beleives that host exists in oVirt Engine. How can I clean that up and
add it again as I am not willing to change its name.

Thanks
Fernand