[ovirt-users] Host name already in use in oVirt Engine

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Tue Jun 13 14:02:01 UTC 2017

Replying on my own email.

I managed to add the host again but had to do some very manual steps:

- Removed /etc/vdsm/vdsm.id from the Host
- engine=# select vds_id from vds_static where host_name = 'host.name';
- engine=# delete from vds_statistics where vds_id = 'host.name.uuid';
- engine=# delete from vds_dynamic where vds_id = 'host.name.uuid';
- engine=# delete from vds_static where vds_id = 'host.name.uuid';
- uuidgen > /etc/vdsm/vdsm.id on the Host

Should I report it as a bug as when I removed everything from the Admin
Web Interface it should have done all this clean up in the Database ?

Fernando