[ovirt-users] hosted-engine VM and services not working

Andrew Dent adent at ctcroydon.com.au
Wed Jun 21 02:20:55 UTC 2017

Hi Yaniv

I found a solution.
Our Ovirt 3.6 AIO box was still running and had those VMs still
configured in their pre exported and switch off state.
I removed any snap shots I found from those pre exported VMs, then
copied the disk image files and other bits from host01 (Ovirt v 4.1)
back into the Ovirt 3.6 AIO box, and were needed fixing the relevent IDs
to be what the Engine in the Ovirt 3.6 box expected.
The VMs then started up properly again without hassle and with the
latest files on the Ovirt 3.6 AIO box.

So now in the progress of rebuilding host01 with hosted-engine v4.1

Kind regards

Andrew