[ovirt-users] HostedEngine VM not visible, but running

cmc iucounu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 09:39:37 UTC 2017

Hi Yanir,

Thanks for the reply.

> First of all, maybe a chain reaction of :
> WARN  [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.exportimport.ImportVmCommand]
> (org.ovirt.thread.pool-6-thread-23) [] Validation of action 'ImportVm'
> failed for user SYSTEM. Reasons: VAR__ACTION__IMPORT
> ,VAR__TYPE__VM,ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_ILLEGAL_VM_DISPLAY_TYPE_IS_NOT_SUPPORTED_BY_OS
> is causing the hosted engine vm not to be set up correctly  and further
> actions were made when the hosted engine vm wasnt in a stable state.
>
> As for now, are you trying to revert back to a previous/initial state ?

I'm not trying to revert it to a previous state for now. This was a
migration from a bare metal engine, and it didn't report any error
during the migration. I'd had some problems on my first attempts at
this migration, whereby it never completed (due to a proxy issue) but
I managed to resolve this. Do you know of a way to get the Hosted
Engine VM into a stable state, without rebuilding the entire cluster
from scratch (since I have a lot of VMs on it)?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Cam