[ovirt-users] Regarding Host QoS

Michael Burman mburman at redhat.com
Thu Jun 22 10:11:44 UTC 2017

Kevin

You confusing 2 different things. MTU is not related to the question.
The user want to apply 5000mbps for 'Rate Limit' and 'Committed Rate' , the
default is 1024 and it's possible to increase it.

Not related to MTU

Thanks,

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Kevin Goldblatt <kgoldbla at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hello Rohit,
>
> Just to clarify,
>
> You edited the Logical Networks via the Rhevm GUI -> Network Tab ->
> Selected relevant Network -> Edit Logical Network -> Selected Host Network
> QoS -> Custom MTU and entered 5000 and pressed OK and then the error was
> generated?
>
> Also provide the following:
>
> What version of Rhevm are you running?
>
> Have you verified that your physical infrastructure (ports/switches)
> support and are set to 10g and not the default of 1024?
>

> Regards,
>

> Kevin
>
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 8:13 AM, TranceWorldLogic . <
> tranceworldlogic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have ethernet nic with 10Gbps link speed.
>> I want to setup one network over it with rate limit as 5Gbps
>>
>> When I tried to enter 5000 mbps rate in host qos it throws error saying
>> value cannot be more than 1024.
>> Can some one help me to know how to set limit as 5000mbps(5gbps) rate ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> ~Rohit

Michael Burman
RedHat Israel, RHV-M Network QE