[ovirt-users] Frustration defines the deployment of Hosted Engine

Adam Litke alitke at redhat.com
Fri Jun 23 20:46:27 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Vinícius Ferrão <ferrao at if.ufrj.br> wrote:

> Hello Adam,
>
> Since the NFSv3 server is running on a FreeBSD based system I don’t want
> to mess with permissions (that installation was only a test). So I’ve
> mapped all users to root and all groups to wheel: everyone has permission
> to do anything on any file.
>
> # cat /etc/exports
> /mnt/pool/ovirt  -alldirs -mapall=root:wheel 146.164.36.137

I think this might be part of your problem.  The host drops privileges to
vdsm:kvm and needs to work with files which may not be world writable.
Consider changing the above to:

/mnt/pool/ovirt  -alldirs -mapall=36:36 146.164.36.137

Since the vdsm user is always 36 and the kvm group is always 36.

> The issue happens on the same point, either on NFS or on iSCSI.
>
> And finally here are the files:
> http://www.if.ufrj.br/~ferrao/ovirt/
>

>From the sanlock log I can see host id renewal failures which are resulting
in vdsm being killed.  That's why we are seeing the timeouts of the API
calls.  My first guess is this is a permissions error (although I am not
sure why it would also fail with iscsi).

--
Adam Litke