[ovirt-users] "Could not detect Guest Agent on VM"

Tomáš Golembiovský tgolembi at redhat.com
Mon Jun 26 12:05:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

sorry for late answer.

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:26:51 -0500
Sven Achtelik <Sven.Achtelik at eps.aero> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have several Windows VMs (Server 2012, Server 2012 R2) running and the guest tools are installed. IF I go and check the Services in those VMs I can also see the "Ovirt Guest Service" running and the "QEMU Guest Agent" running. Also there is Information about the VM show in the GUI, like installed applications etc.. I've tried several Versions of the tools and even with the latest 4.1.5 I can't get that message to disappear.

First check if the virtio-serial driver is properly installed. In Device
Manager you should see VirtIO Serial Driver in System devices category.

You should also check the oVirt GA log. Search for
ovirt-guest-agent.log, it should be in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

> Am I doing something wrong ?
>
> How does this affect the Backup-API and possible Snapshots are taken for Backups ?

I'm not sure about this one. I don't think we use QEMU GA (or any other
GA) to freeze filesystems. So this feature should not be affected.

    Tomas

--
Tomáš Golembiovský <tgolembi at redhat.com>