[ovirt-users] Access VM Console on a Smart Phone with User Permission

Tomas Jelinek tjelinek at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 10:26:56 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Jerome R <jerzkie102030 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried this workaround, I tried to logon the user acct to moVirt with 1
> of the admin permission resources, it works I can access to the VM assigned
> however I'm able to see what Admin can see in the portal though not able to
> perform action. So far that's one of my concern the user should be able to
> see just his/her VM assigned.

yes, this is a consequence of using the admin API - you can see all the
entities and do actions only on the ones you have explicit rights to.

Unfortunately, until the https://github.com/oVirt/moVirt/issues/282 is
done, there is nothing better I can offer you.

We can try to give that item a priority, just need to get the current RC
out of the door (hopefully soon).