[ovirt-users] [Ovirt 4.0.6] Suggestion required for Network Throughput options

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Fri Jun 30 13:38:42 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 4:14 PM, TranceWorldLogic . <
tranceworldlogic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Yaniv,
>
> I have enabled random generator in cluster and also in VM.
> But still not see any improvement in throughput.
>
> lsmod | grep -i virtio
> virtio_rng             13019  0

Are you sure it's being used? What is the qemu command line (do you see the
device in the guest?)

> virtio_balloon         13834  0
> virtio_console         28115  2
> virtio_blk             18156  4
> virtio_scsi            18361  0
> virtio_net             28024  0
> virtio_pci             22913  0
> virtio_ring            21524  7 virtio_blk,virtio_net,virtio_
> pci,virtio_rng,virtio_balloon,virtio_console,virtio_scsi
> virtio                 15008  7 virtio_blk,virtio_net,virtio_
> pci,virtio_rng,virtio_balloon,virtio_console,virtio_scsi
>
> Would please check do I missing some virtio module ?
>
> One more finding, if I set queue property in vnic profile then I got good
> throughput.

Interesting - I had assumed the bottleneck would be the
encryption/decryption process, not the network. What do you set exactly?
Does it matter in non-encrypted traffic as well? Are the packets (and the
whole communication) large or small (i.e, would jumbo frames help) ?
 Y.