[ovirt-users] Updating the notification emails after the hosted-engine is deployed

Gustav H Meyer gustav at gcis.gov.za
Wed Mar 1 13:28:35 UTC 2017

On 01/03/2017 12:19, Simone Tiraboschi wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Gustav H Meyer <gustav at gcis.gov.za
> <mailto:gustav at gcis.gov.za>> wrote:
>
>     In fact I would actually like to know how to approach and
>     change the source-email address so that you can actually see
>     what host the email is coming from rather than from localhost.
>
>     On 01/03/2017 09:53, Joseph Kelly wrote:
>>     Hello all - does anyone know how to update the
>>     destination-emails address after the hosted-engine is
>>     deployed ? And can this be done from the webadmin GUI ?
>
> Pretty easy in 4.1:
>
> [root at c72he20170228h1 ~]# hosted-engine --get-shared-config
> destination-emails --type=broker
>
> destination-emails : root at localhost, type : broker
>
> [root at c72he20170228h1 ~]# hosted-engine --set-shared-config
> destination-emails stirabos at redhat.com
> <mailto:stirabos at redhat.com> --type=broker
> [root at c72he20170228h1 ~]# hosted-engine --get-shared-config
> destination-emails --type=broker
>
> destination-emails : stirabos at redhat.com
> <mailto:stirabos at redhat.com>, type : broker
>
> [root at c72he20170228h1 ~]# systemctl restart ovirt-ha-broker

Thanks for that Simone. So in effect even in 4.1 there is still no
GUI/WUI interface to change the settings? We are still on 4.0 and
I'm still rather new to oVirt but enjoying it.

I noticed something else in this troubleshooting. When setting up
users on the oVirt Manager interface, emails are not using the same
SMTP server as set up during installation. Where do we change this,
if at all possible?

Regards,
Gustav H Meyer