[ovirt-users] Updating the notification emails after the hosted-engine is deployed

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Thu Mar 2 21:15:43 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Gustav H Meyer <gustav at gcis.gov.za> wrote:

> On 01/03/2017 12:19, Simone Tiraboschi wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Gustav H Meyer <gustav at gcis.gov.za> wrote:
>
>> In fact I would actually like to know how to approach and change the
>> source-email address so that you can actually see what host the email is
>> coming from rather than from localhost.
>>
>> On 01/03/2017 09:53, Joseph Kelly wrote:
>>
>> Hello all - does anyone know how to update the destination-emails address
>> after the hosted-engine is deployed ? And can this be done from the
>> webadmin GUI ?
>>
>> Pretty easy in 4.1:
>
> [root at c72he20170228h1 ~]# hosted-engine --get-shared-config
> destination-emails --type=broker
>
> destination-emails : root at localhost, type : broker
>
> [root at c72he20170228h1 ~]# hosted-engine --set-shared-config
> destination-emails stirabos at redhat.com --type=broker
> [root at c72he20170228h1 ~]# hosted-engine --get-shared-config
> destination-emails --type=broker
>
> destination-emails : stirabos at redhat.com, type : broker
>
> [root at c72he20170228h1 ~]# systemctl restart ovirt-ha-broker
>

> Thanks for that Simone. So in effect even in 4.1 there is still no GUI/WUI
> interface to change the settings? We are still on 4.0 and I'm still rather
> new to oVirt but enjoying it.

Not for hosted-engine notification settings.
This notifications are sent by ovirt-ha-broker also (or better, especially)
if the engine VM is down.

> I noticed something else in this troubleshooting. When setting up users on
> the oVirt Manager interface, emails are not using the same SMTP server as
> set up during installation. Where do we change this, if at all possible?

This is completely a different subject: email sent by the engine on
different events rely on the ovirt-engine-notifier service which generally
could be deployed on the same VM which contains the engine.
The relevant events and other options could be set from the admin GUI,
other parameter could be set editing
/usr/share/ovirt-engine/services/ovirt-engine-notifier/ovirt-engine-notifier.conf