[ovirt-users] oVirt Nested Virtualization

Fred Rolland frolland at redhat.com
Sun Mar 5 12:20:18 UTC 2017

Our system tests are using nested virtualization. [1]
Here the relevant part :

Make sure that virtualization extension is enabled on the CPU, otherwise,
you might need to enable it in the BIOS. Generally, if virtualization
extension is disabled, dmesg log would contain a line similar to:

    kvm: disabled by BIOS

Verify nested virtualization is enabled

    $ cat /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/nested

 This command should print `Y` if nested virtualization is enabled,
otherwise,
 enable it the following way:

 Edit `/etc/modprobe.d/kvm-intel.conf` and add the following line:

    options kvm-intel nested=y

[1]
http://ovirt-system-tests.readthedocs.io/en/latest/docs/general/installation.html