[ovirt-users] oVirt Nested Virtualization

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Sun Mar 5 13:43:46 UTC 2017

oVirt system tests are indeed using nested virtualization, but it is
done to run oVirt nested on top of a stand-alone KVM host, and not to
run nested stuff on top of oVirt.

The steps Fred specified can be done manually on all hosts, but oVirt
offers a slightly more automated alternative. Simply install the
following vdsm hooks (available as packages) on all hosts:

    vdsm-hook-macspoof
    vdsm-hook-nestedvt

And then reboot the hosts (You will need to put hosts into maintenance
mode to do that).

Adding Sandro and Fabian to comment about how to persist this
configuration across node-ng updates.