[ovirt-users] [ANN] oVirt 4.1.1 First Release Candidate

Sven Kieske s.kieske at mittwald.de
Mon Mar 6 12:28:23 UTC 2017

On 06/03/17 10:48, Andrea Ghelardi wrote:
> A)      there could be no test environment to check the upgraded version behavior and
>
> B)      the upgrade itself may require more than a bit of effort when there are dozen hosts and multiple clusters involved,
> this does not really encourage to always push the datacenter to the latest version available, especially if the in-production version is not misbehaving.
>
> Please note I'm just sharing our company view and not blaming anyone.
>
> Cheers
> Andrea

As a side note:

What kind of data center do you run, that lacks any test environment?

If you don't have a testbed, than you have far worse problems than the
number of bugfixes and things which might (not) work in a new ovirt version.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +495772 293100
F: +495772 293333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen