[ovirt-users] restapi

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Tue Mar 7 13:37:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:21 PM Juan Hernández <jhernand at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/07/2017 12:50 PM, qinglong.dong at horebdata.cn wrote:
> > Hi, all
> >         I have a cloud foundry environment. I have noticed that cloud
> > foundry can schedule vitual machines created by vmware or openstack
> > using restapi. Ovirt supports restapi, too. So I want to know if it is
> > possible to schedule vitual machines which created by ovirt
> > using cloud foundry. Anyone can help? Thanks!
> >

> Your words may me think that you believe that there is an standard REST
> API that VMware and OpenStack both implement, and your question is if
> oVirt implements it as well. But that isn't correct, VMware and
> OpenStack have different REST APIs, and so does oVirt. Cloud Foundry can
> talk to the VMware and OpenStack APIs, but not to the oVirt API, as far
> as I know.

The cloud connector[1] of CF uses Fog[2]. oVirt Fog support uses the old
Ruby SDK, which will be an issue for us.
AFAIK, this is the same way that Forman / Spacewalk is talking to oVirt, so
we need to think how we can update our support there.
We should add it to our GSoC or outreachy projects: update our Fog support
to use the official Ruby SDK.
Y.

[1] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cloud_controller_ng
[2] http://fog.io/