[ovirt-users] cannot exceed maximum memory size

Shahar Havivi shavivi at redhat.com
Thu Mar 9 13:20:25 UTC 2017

its not related to bug 1425089 (which is upgrading cluster issue) but its
the same feature that cause this issue,
Jakub what do we have bug on that issue?

as for the default RAM limit you can find it via the engine-config tool:
$ engine-config -g VM32BitMaxMemorySizeInMB
$ engine-config -g VM64BitMaxMemorySizeInMB

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Maton, Brett <matonb at ltresources.co.uk>
wrote:

> I have a similar problem creating VM's with the API, but no solution.
>
>   It seems that by default oVirt uses custom 'Instance Type' ( you can see
> it if you use the UI to create a VM ).
>   The default RAM limit for custom Instance Type is 4096MB.
>
>   I haven't found where you can change the settnigs for the custom
> instance type though.
>

> On 9 March 2017 at 11:52, Marcelo Leandro <marceloltmm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> can someone help me?

>>> Hello ,
>>>
>>> I am have an script that create VM , after upgrade to 4.1 I have this
>>> erro when trying create a new VM:
>>>
>>> detail: Cannot add VM. Memory size (20480MB) cannot exceed maximum
>>> memory size (4096MB).
>>>
>>> my commando fore create VM :
>>>
>>> api.vms.add(params.VM(name="teste", memory=memo , cpu=cpu,
>>> cluster=api.clusters.get(cluster), template=api.templates.get('Blank'),