[ovirt-users] cannot exceed maximum memory size

Jakub Niedermertl jniederm at redhat.com
Thu Mar 9 13:37:32 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Since engine 4.1 there is new property of VMs/templates - max memory
[1] that is required to be larger than (or equal to) memory size. The
problem is probably caused by the fact that the specified memory (I
assume that value of  `memo` is 20480MB) is larger that max memory
that is implicitly copied from template (Blank in this case). I can
see two possible solutions:
* Explicitly specifying size of max memory in the script.
* Increasing max memory in the template.

Jakub

[1]: http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/engine/maximum-memory-size/