[ovirt-users] ovirtmgmt bridge creation fails 100% during hosted-engine 4.1 install

Ian Neilsen ian.neilsen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 02:48:23 UTC 2017

Guys

Bug 1:
I have run the ovirt 4.1 installation many times now and everytime through
the deploy the ovirtmgmt bridge fails at ifup when used in conjunction with
bonded nic's

The deploy process stops when it cannot raise the bridge ifup. To fix, a
systemctl restart network works and I can start deploy again. ifup will not
work.

2 questions:
Do you want me to raise a bug for this. I'll get my logs to a place where
you can access them.
Has anyone got a scrip to create the ovirtmgmt bridge? Is there anything
special I need to know if I create it manually on my bonded nic's.

Bug 2:
During hosted deploy on second node,via gui, the ovirtmgt bridge fails to
create necessary files and deletes other ifcfg files in the process. Bridge
creation stops as it seems to be missing ifcfg files necessary. Again nics
are bonded. manual creation is needed to fix the deploy mess.

Yet to confirm this one, am about to try now. Will let you know.

Systems:
Centos7.3,
ovirt 4.1,
gluster 3.10.0