[ovirt-users] ovirt 4.1 selfhosted engine deployment

Lauri-Alo Adamson Lauri.Adamson at andmevara.ee
Tue Mar 14 12:48:51 UTC 2017

Hello!

I tried to install/deploy ovirt 4.1 self hosted engine  with glusterfs (thee node cluster two HP 380D Gen9 server with Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz and one IBM 3650 M4 ) on Centos 7.3.1611 x86-64 . But then the hosted engine
virtuaal machine is starting  then whole  host (node)  freezes - server is not accessible over network with ssh. Engine virtuaal machines fails to start and deploiment fails. Same time the on server console and server log apper lines "vcpu  unhandled rdmsr" . I searched Google this problem and dis not found the solution.

There was talk about  adding  /etc/modprobe.d/kvm.conf  "options kvm ignore_msrs=1"  Which is the same as "echo 1 > /sys/module/kvm/parameters/ignore_msrs"
http://wiki.stoney-cloud.org/wiki/Workaround_unhandled_rdmsr/wrmsr

I tried but these . Sadly they  do not work. Has any one found solution to the described probleem.

Lauri-Alo Adamson