[ovirt-users] ovirt 4.1 selfhosted engine deployment

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Tue Mar 14 13:03:37 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Lauri-Alo Adamson
<Lauri.Adamson at andmevara.ee> wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I tried to install/deploy ovirt 4.1 self hosted engine  with glusterfs (thee
> node cluster two HP 380D Gen9 server with Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v3 @
> 2.30GHz and one IBM 3650 M4 ) on Centos 7.3.1611 x86-64 . But then the
> hosted engine
>
> virtuaal machine is starting  then whole  host (node)  freezes – server is
> not accessible over network with ssh. Engine virtuaal machines fails to
> start and deploiment fails. Same time the on server console and server log
> apper lines „vcpu  unhandled rdmsr“ . I searched Google this problem and dis
> not found the solution.
>

> There was talk about  adding  /etc/modprobe.d/kvm.conf  „options kvm
> ignore_msrs=1“  Which is the same as „echo 1 >
> /sys/module/kvm/parameters/ignore_msrs“
>
> http://wiki.stoney-cloud.org/wiki/Workaround_unhandled_rdmsr/wrmsr
>

> I tried but these . Sadly they  do not work. Has any one found solution to
> the described probleem.

Are you sure your problem isn't a simple networking problem? At what
stage does it die? Do you run it under 'screen'? If so, you can
reattach to it ('screen -r -d') and see where you are. Also please
check/post the setup logs (/var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/*).

If indeed your problem is kernel/kvm related, then I have no idea.
Does starting a kvm vm using virsh/virt-install work?

Good luck,

> Lauri-Alo Adamson

Didi