[ovirt-users] host node non-operational

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Mar 16 08:22:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Angel R. Gonzalez
<angel.gonzalez at uam.es> wrote:
> Hello,
> I've installed a engine server and 2 host nodes. After install the 2 nodes
> I've configured a nfs domain storage in the first node. After few minutes,
> the second host is down and I dont put it online.
>
> The log in the engine show:
>>Host node2 cannot access the Storage Domain(s) nfsexport_node1 attached to
>> the Data Center Labs. Setting Host state to Non-Operational.
>
> The nfsexport Storage Domain Format is V4, but in the /etc/nfsmount.conf
>     Defaultproto=tcp
>     Defaultvers=3
>     Nfsvers=3
>
> Also I've added the line
>     NFS4_SUPPORT="no"
> to /etc/sysconfig/nfs file
>
> The node1's iptables rules are:
>
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
> ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:54321
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:54322
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:sunrpc
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:sunrpc
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:ssh
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:snmp
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:websm
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:16514
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere multiport dports
> rockwell-csp2
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere multiport dports rfb:6923
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere multiport dports
> 49152:49216
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:nfs
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:nfs
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:mountd
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:mountd
> REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere reject-with
> icmp-host-prohibited
>
> And the output of showmount -e command in a terminal of node1 is:
>>/nfs/data *
>
> But the output of showmount -e node1 in a terminal of node2 is
>>clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - Unable to receive: errno 113 (No
>> route to host)
>
> Any help?

Sounds like a general NFS issue, nothing specific to oVirt.

You might want to use normal debugging means - tcpdump, strace, google :-), etc.

I think your last error is because you need the portmapper port (111) open.
You should see this easily with tcpdump or strace.

Also please note that it's not considered a good idea to use one of the
hosts as an nfs server, although some people happily do that. See also:

https://lwn.net/Articles/595652/

Best,

> Thanks you in advance.
>
> Ángel González