[ovirt-users] Expand an ovirt+glusterfs cluster

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Wed Mar 22 08:55:07 UTC 2017

Mines too :)

> A gluster volume cannot span multiple clusters. If you want to create a
> separate cluster with the Broadwell nodes, then create a new gluster volume
> using the disks from these nodes - i.e do not expand the existing volume by
> adding bricks from the new servers.

Ouch, bummer :(

>> 2) I'm using a separate VLAN+domain name for gluster, and oVirt is
>>> proposing me to use the gluster (storage) domain names as the new hosts
>>> identifier.
>>>

> You can add hosts using the Add new host flow - and provide the FQDN that
> you want as management interface, and later associate the gluster VLAN with
> a network that has "gluster" role.
> Please keep in mind that you cannot add this to a new cluster in oVirt if
> you have already used bricks from these servers on existing volume in
> another cluster

So, how should I create the new, dedicated gluster volume? Within oVirt or
on the command line as I created the first data volume when I installed
oVirt from scratch? I guess the former should work, right?
But then, can I do live migrations from the lower CPU cluster to the newer
one? I guess it's possible according to this:
http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/live-storage-migration-between-mixed-domains/

Thanks for your time

--
Davide Ferrari