[ovirt-users] prevent ovirt from managing a particular vlan setting on an interface

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 07:17:24 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Edward Haas <ehaas at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think that Gianluca is referring to: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/74707
>
> We seem to block the scenario where a slave of a bond has a VLAN on top of
> it.
>
> Thanks,
> Edy.
>
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 5:04 PM, Dan Kenigsberg <danken at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I am not sure I understand your question, though it reminds me of
>>
>> Bug 1372798 - Setupnetworks not removing the "BRIDGE=" entry in ifcfg
>> file when changing a untagged network to tagged
>>
>> which Vdsm version do you have? can you share your supervdsm.log?

Yes, I mean a scenario where I have already in place a vlan on an interface
that would become part of a bond created by oVirt
And I want to retain that vlan configuration.
I remember a thread where something similar was referred, with a parameter
inside vdsm.conf, but I'm not able to find it...
I don't remember if that setting was targeted at ignoring the particular
network interface as a whole, actually..
I would like to have eth3.100 and eth4.100 as single interfaces pointing to
an iSCSI storage, but also use (throuch oVirt configuration) a bond0 device
with eth3 and eth4 as slaves
So that VMs vlans with ID xx would be defined on bond0.xx and bridges with
those bonds as interfaces

Does the gerrit change reported by you, Edward, go to correct the
incompatibility?
In case in which version do I find it?
In case not possible can I sort of manually force this config and have
oVirt accept it, even if not able to automagically create it?

Thanks,
Gianluca