[ovirt-users] Smtp configuration for notification

wodel youchi wodel.youchi at gmail.com
Tue May 16 10:16:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

When we install the vm engine, in the configuration process we are asked to
give an smtp server and email addresses for notification but then nothing.
When we looked to the event notification configuration we found this
file ovirt-engine-notifier.conf and we thought that the first configuration
was there but since the notification service was disabled notifications
were not working, but No, there was no configuration on that file we had to
modify it and now notifications are working.
The question is : is the first smtp configuration used ? If yes, when? Can
we test it ? And if we want to modify it, where the configuration is stored
?

Regards