[ovirt-users] Docker images for oVirt engine

Leni Kadali Mutungi lenikmutungi at gmail.com
Thu May 18 03:29:19 UTC 2017

On 5/15/17, Juan Hernández <jhernand at redhat.com> wrote:
> The tool that builds and deploy the containers to the OpenShift cluster
> is a program written in Go. It is compiled when you run 'make ...'. That
> means that you need to have the go development environment installed.
> For example, in CentOS or Fedora:
>
>   yum -y install golang
>
> Once you have it installed, try again 'make build' and 'make deploy'.
>
> I'll try to update the documentation to explain that.

Installed Go. For some reason, building still refuses to work.

user at localhost:~/ovirt-containers$ sudo make build
for godep in gopkg.in/ini.v1 ; do \
        GOPATH=""/tools"" go get ${godep}; \
done
GOPATH=""/tools"" go install ovirt/cmd/build
can't load package: package ovirt/cmd/build: cannot find package
"ovirt/cmd/build" in any of:
        /usr/lib/go-1.7/src/ovirt/cmd/build (from $GOROOT)
        /tools/src/ovirt/cmd/build (from $GOPATH)
Makefile:40: recipe for target 'tools/bin/build' failed
make: *** [tools/bin/build] Error 1

I looked at the tools/src/ovirt/cmd/build directory and it had the
build.go file. I don't have the ovirt subdirectory in the
/usr/lib/go-1.7/src/ directory. Any ideas on how to get it there?

--
- Warm regards
Leni Kadali Mutungi