[ovirt-users] Docker images for oVirt engine

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Mon May 15 07:31:50 UTC 2017

On 05/15/2017 05:24 AM, Leni Kadali Mutungi wrote:
> Managed to run the OpenShift cluster well enough. When I went into the
> ovirt-containers directory and tried to run `make build`, I got the
> following error:
>
> for godep in gopkg.in/ini.v1 ; do \
>         GOPATH=""/home/herabus/ovirt-containers/tools"" go get ${godep}; \
> done
> /bin/sh: 2: go: Permission denied
> Makefile:40: recipe for target 'tools/bin/build' failed
> make: *** [tools/bin/build] Error 127
>
> So I ran `sudo make build` instead and got the following error:
> for godep in gopkg.in/ini.v1 ; do \
>         GOPATH=""/tools"" go get ${godep}; \
> done
> /bin/sh: 2: go: not found
> Makefile:40: recipe for target 'tools/bin/build' failed
> make: *** [tools/bin/build] Error 127
>
> Running `sudo make deploy` gave me this error:
>
> for godep in gopkg.in/ini.v1 ; do \
>         GOPATH=""/tools"" go get ${godep}; \
> done
> /bin/sh: 2: go: not found
> Makefile:40: recipe for target 'tools/bin/deploy' failed
> make: *** [tools/bin/deploy] Error 127

The tool that builds and deploy the containers to the OpenShift cluster
is a program written in Go. It is compiled when you run 'make ...'. That
means that you need to have the go development environment installed.
For example, in CentOS or Fedora:

  yum -y install golang

Once you have it installed, try again 'make build' and 'make deploy'.

I'll try to update the documentation to explain that.