[ovirt-users] Can I upload an ISO image using the web portal

Dan Sullivan dan at skaion.com
Fri May 26 13:48:07 UTC 2017

Here is my configuration and the steps I have tried.

oVirt engine version: 3.6.6.2-1.el7.centos
Hosted engine on a Dell 610 server
Default data center
Default cluster
hosts: hosted_engine_1
network: ovirtmgmt (default)
3 storage domains - all hosted locally and served via NFS (400+GB free
on partition)
     hosted_storage Type=data
     ISO_storage type=ISO
     local_vm_storage type=data(master)
Two VMs (not including engine host)
     HostedEngine(hosted by
hosted_engine_1)FQDN=localhost.localdomain.localdomain
     vm_one (hosted by hosted_engine_1)
     vm_two (hosted by hosted_engine_1)
No pools
One blank template
Two users
     admin (admin at internal-authz, internal-authz, *)
     everyone (, , *)

I first try and list the domains

ovirt-iso-uploader list
Please provide the REST API username for oVirt Engine (CTRL+D to abort):
admin at internal-authz
Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal-authz oVirt
Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API at https://localhost:443/api
[ERROR]::oVirt API connection failure, (7, 'Failed connect to
localhost:443; Connection refused')

I've tried various permutations of this command with similar results.
I've added -u with admin, admin at internal, admin at internal-authz,
admin at internal-authz.local... I've added -r with various permutations of
the host info. I've added -i ISO_storage, etc.

Dan