[ovirt-users] Can I upload an ISO image using the web portal

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Fri May 26 16:06:20 UTC 2017

On May 26, 2017 4:48 PM, "Dan Sullivan" <dan at skaion.com> wrote:

Here is my configuration and the steps I have tried.

oVirt engine version: 3.6.6.2-1.el7.centos
Hosted engine on a Dell 610 server
Default data center
Default cluster
hosts: hosted_engine_1
network: ovirtmgmt (default)
3 storage domains - all hosted locally and served via NFS (400+GB free on
partition)
    hosted_storage Type=data
    ISO_storage type=ISO
    local_vm_storage type=data(master)
Two VMs (not including engine host)
    HostedEngine (hosted by hosted_engine_1) FQDN=localhost.localdomain.
localdomain

That's not an ideal host name. Is that really the name?

    vm_one (hosted by hosted_engine_1)
    vm_two (hosted by hosted_engine_1)
No pools
One blank template
Two users
    admin (admin at internal-authz, internal-authz, *)
    everyone (, , *)

I first try and list the domains

ovirt-iso-uploader list
Please provide the REST API username for oVirt Engine (CTRL+D to abort):
admin at internal-authz
Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal-authz oVirt
Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API at https://localhost:443/api
[ERROR]::oVirt API connection failure, (7, 'Failed connect to
localhost:443; Connection refused')

How do you connect to the UI for example?
The tool fails to even connect to the engine. Aa I assume it is up and
running, I reckon it's some wrong name resolution.
Y.

I've tried various permutations of this command with similar results.  I've
added -u with admin, admin at internal, admin at internal-authz,
admin at internal-authz.local... I've added -r with various permutations of
the host info. I've added -i ISO_storage, etc.

Dan

On 05/25/2017 04:24 PM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Dan Sullivan <dan at skaion.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to upload a ISO image that I have and keep getting a connection
> refused erro using ovirt-iso-uploader.  I was wondering if there was a way
> to use the web admin portal to to the upload?

Not yet.
But we'd be happy to take a look at the error and see what the issue is.
Y.