[ovirt-users] Can I upload an ISO image using the web portal

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Sat May 27 18:12:34 UTC 2017

On May 26, 2017 7:19 PM, "Dan Sullivan" <dan at skaion.com> wrote:

On 05/26/2017 12:06 PM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:

Two VMs (not including engine host)

    HostedEngine (hosted by hosted_engine_1) FQDN=localhost.localdomain.loc
aldomain

That's not an ideal host name. Is that really the name?

    What is not ideal?  HostedEngine? hosted_engine_1? localhost...?

localhost.localdomain.localdomain

    vm_one (hosted by hosted_engine_1)
    vm_two (hosted by hosted_engine_1)

I first try and list the domains

ovirt-iso-uploader list
Please provide the REST API username for oVirt Engine (CTRL+D to abort):
admin at internal-authz
Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal-authz oVirt
Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API at https://localhost:443/api
[ERROR]::oVirt API connection failure, (7, 'Failed connect to
localhost:443; Connection refused')

How do you connect to the UI for example?

    I point firefox to guest147.<mumble>.<mumble>.com

Can you try and edit the conf file to point to it as well?
Y.

The tool fails to even connect to the engine. Aa I assume it is up and
running, I reckon it's some wrong name resolution.
Y.

    HostedEngine is up as are both vm_one and vm_two.

Dan