[ovirt-users] Can I upload an ISO image using the web portal

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue May 30 07:24:31 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Dan Sullivan <dan at skaion.com> wrote:

> Here is my configuration and the steps I have tried.
>
> oVirt engine version: 3.6.6.2-1.el7.centos

Hi,
I would recommend to update, 3.6 reached End Of Life when 4.0 was released
and is not supported anymore.
Please note that in 3.6 series, 3.6.7 was also available:
http://www.ovirt.org/release/3.6.7/

> Hosted engine on a Dell 610 server
> Default data center
> Default cluster
> hosts: hosted_engine_1
> network: ovirtmgmt (default)
> 3 storage domains - all hosted locally and served via NFS (400+GB free on
> partition)
>     hosted_storage Type=data
>     ISO_storage type=ISO
>     local_vm_storage type=data(master)
> Two VMs (not including engine host)
>     HostedEngine (hosted by hosted_engine_1) FQDN=localhost.localdomain.
> localdomain
>     vm_one (hosted by hosted_engine_1)
>     vm_two (hosted by hosted_engine_1)
> No pools
> One blank template
> Two users
>     admin (admin at internal-authz, internal-authz, *)
>     everyone (, , *)
>
> I first try and list the domains
>
> ovirt-iso-uploader list
> Please provide the REST API username for oVirt Engine (CTRL+D to abort):
> admin at internal-authz
> Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal-authz oVirt
> Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
> ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API at https://localhost:443/api
> [ERROR]::oVirt API connection failure, (7, 'Failed connect to
> localhost:443; Connection refused')
>
> I've tried various permutations of this command with similar results.
> I've added -u with admin, admin at internal, admin at internal-authz,
> admin at internal-authz.local... I've added -r with various permutations of
> the host info. I've added -i ISO_storage, etc.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Dan
>
> On 05/25/2017 04:24 PM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
>

> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Dan Sullivan <dan at skaion.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to upload a ISO image that I have and keep getting a
>> connection refused erro using ovirt-iso-uploader.  I was wondering if there
>> was a way to use the web admin portal to to the upload?
>>

> Not yet.
> But we'd be happy to take a look at the error and see what the issue is.
> Y.
>

>> Dan

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>