[ovirt-users] Export VM to ova or ovf format

Brett Holcomb biholcomb at l1049h.com
Wed May 31 22:14:53 UTC 2017

Is there anyway to export a oVirt VM to an ova or ovf format. Right
click export seems to be intended to transfer between oVirt storage
domains. There is a project to setup a gui to do this but it's still in
the planning stage.  I've found various references that basically export
it to an export domain and then you strip the disk or disks from it,
create a VMware workstation VM, and then point it at the new disks you
have.  VMware's P2V converter is useless because it only converts Linux
machines to an ESXi server which I don't have and once you do that it's
another conversion to VMware Workstation.  Guess nobody wants to run
Linux on VMware workstation according to VMware.  I'm trying to get some
of my critical servers over to VMware Workstation on my Windows Physical
box so when I upgrade oVirt I still have my basic network.  I'm running
a self-hosted Engine setup with only one Physical server at the moment.

Thanks.