[ovirt-users] oVirt node with SHE on FC

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 14:39:47 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> it is not clear to me the exact workflow in case of testing what in
>> object.
>>
>> For sure first step is to install base node from iso.
>> NGN has no more read only filesystem.
>> Does this mean that I have to set up eg multipath for FC LUNs (engine and
>> data domain) before running the engine setup via cockpit?
>> Or when I specify FC in type of storage domain it would ask and setup
>> automatically multipath for me?
>>

> No, it doesn't: HBA and mutipath are supposed to be directly configured
> before running hosted-engine-setup.
> It's exactly the same as for vlan and bonding.

Ah, ok.
So I can also customize my multipath.conf file on oVirt Node as desired, if
storage vendor requires it, using

# VDSM REVISION 1.3
# VDSM PRIVATE

as I do in regular CentOS 7, correct?

And if so, what is the mapping of "1.3" in VDSM REVISION line above?
I didn't find reference in oVirt docs and also in RHEV kb I only found this:
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/43458
that doesn't clarify much in my opinion and seems to cover version 4.x in
the summary of knowledge base article, but then I don't seem to find  its
real application...

Thanks,
Gianluca