[ovirt-users] Current state of infiniband support in ovirt?

Arman Khalatyan arm2arm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 08:26:06 UTC 2017

Hi Jeff,
you can find some information in the docs:
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/networking/infiniband/
The IB can be used for the storage and vm migration network,  but not for
the VM network due to the bonding.
in our institute we have such a setup, storage over IB the rest over 10G
network. Works over the several years quite stable.
Now I am testing the glusterfs over rdma, unfortunately there are some bugs
in the ovirt storage implementation, so the gluster does not benefit from
the  IB performance, but you can use them over tcp/ip stack.