[ovirt-users] Odp: How to import OVA file into oVirt

Arik Hadas ahadas at redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 14:03:49 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 4:52 PM, gabriel_skupien at o2.pl <
gabriel_skupien at o2.pl> wrote:

> I also tried to use the Import Virtual Machines option, there is an option
> to set the source to Vmware Virtual Appliance (OVA) but I don't know how to
> fill in the Path box. Tried http://ip_address/file.ova
> <https://domanin/file.ova> but did not work.

Yes, that's the right way of doing that.
In the path you should specify the local path to the file on the host, for
example if you placed in the export domain it will be something like:
/rhev/data-center/<pool_id>/<domain_id>/.../file.ova
but you can put it also in /tmp in some specific host and select that host
as a proxy.