[ovirt-users] Duplicate host_id after deployment via GUI, how is the hosted engine host_id selected?

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 11:04:28 UTC 2018

Hello,

the ID should be coming from the SPM ID of the host as assigned by the
engine and duplicates should not be happening indeed.

Can you please tell us what version of engine you have and how was
first hosted engine node deployed? We recently changed the default
deployment method (4.2.2 in fact) and we would like to know whether
this might be related to that change or not.

Simone, do you know how to debug this? Are there logs we could use to
check the behavior? The host-deploy logs maybe?

Best regards

--
Martin Sivak
SLA / oVirt