[ovirt-users] Use an oVirt-VM as a VDSM server

Fred Rolland frolland at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 13:43:13 UTC 2018

Hi,

You will need to enable nested virtualization in your physical host.

To check if enable:
cat /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/nested

If the output is "N", you will need to add a file
/etc/modprobe.d/kvm_intel.conf
with the content:
options kvm-intel nested=Y

Then reboot, or reload the KVM module.

Note that the performance of the nested VMs will be impacted.

Regards,
Fred

[1] https://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Nested_Guests
[2]