[ovirt-users] NetworkManager with oVirt version 4.2.0

maoz zadok maozza at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 07:06:22 UTC 2018

Hello All,
I'm new to oVirt, I'm trying with no success to set up the networking on an
oVirt 4.2.0 node, and I think I'm missing something.

background:
interfaces em1-4 is bonded to bond0
VLAN configured on bond0.1
and bridged to ovirtmgmt for the management interface.

I'm not sure its updated to version 4.2.0 but I followed this post:
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/networking/bonding-vlan-bridge/
with this setting, the NetworkManager keep starting up on reboot,
and the interfaces are not managed by oVirt (and the nice traffic graphs
are not shown).

my question:
Is  NetworkManager need to be disabled as in the above post?
Do I need to manage the networking using (nmtui) NetworkManager?

Thanks!
Maoz