[ovirt-users] Change emulatedMachine in vm.conf. Hosted Engine not boot properly.

reznikov_aa at soskol.com reznikov_aa at soskol.com
Sat Feb 3 11:41:14 UTC 2018

Greetings, friends!
I have problems start HostedEngine after upgrading Ovirt from version
3.6 to 4.0.
VM starts, but boot is not continue properly. If I are connected via
vnc, i can see smbios…, machine id…, and nothing more.
I was able to start HE vm by changing the type of emulatedMachine from
‘pc’ to ‘rhel6.5.0’ in file vm.conf, and start with --vm-conf=myvm.conf…
How can I change the vm.conf in OVF store? The solution described here
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2209751, not help me, or maybe there
are any other solutions to this problem?

My test ovirt lab is vmware workstation.
vdsm-4.18.21-1.el7.centos.x86_64
libvirt-libs-3.2.0-14.el7_4.7.x86_64
ovirt-engine-4.0.6.3-1.el7.centos.noarch

Thanx.Alex.