[ovirt-users] Ovirt backups lead to unresponsive VM

Alex K rightkicktech at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 14:23:10 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I have reproduced the backups failure. The VM that failed is named
Win-FileServer and is a Windows 2016 server 64bit with 300GB of disk.
During the cloning step the VM went unresponsive and I had to stop/start
it.
I am attaching the logs.I have another VM with same OS (named DC-Server
within the logs) but with smaller disk (60GB) which does not give any error
when it is cloned.
I see a line:

EVENT_ID: VDS_BROKER_COMMAND_FAILURE(10,802), Correlation ID: null, Call
Stack: null, Custom ID: null, Custom Event ID: -1, Message: VDSM
v2.sitedomain command SnapshotVDS failed: Message timeout which can be
caused by communication issues

I appreciate any advise why I am facing such issue with the backups.

thanx,
Alex