[ovirt-users] Failed upgrade from 4.1.9 to 4.2.x

nicolas at devels.es nicolas at devels.es
Mon Feb 5 13:46:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

We're trying to upgrade from 4.1.9 to 4.2.x and we're bumping into an
error we don't know how to solve. As per [1] we run the 'engine-setup'
command and it fails with:

[ INFO  ] Rolling back to the previous PostgreSQL instance (postgresql).
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Misc configuration': Command
'/opt/rh/rh-postgresql95/root/usr/bin/postgresql-setup' failed to
execute
[ INFO  ] Yum Performing yum transaction rollback
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
           Log file is located at
/var/log/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt-engine-setup-20180205133116-sm2xd1.log
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file
'/var/lib/ovirt-engine/setup/answers/20180205133354-setup.conf'
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination
[ ERROR ] Execution of setup failed

As of the
/var/log/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt-engine-setup-20180205133116-sm2xd1.log
file I could see this:

  * upgrading from 'postgresql.service' to
'rh-postgresql95-postgresql.service'
  * Upgrading database.
ERROR: pg_upgrade tool failed
ERROR: Upgrade failed.
  * See /var/lib/pgsql/upgrade_rh-postgresql95-postgresql.log for
details.

And this file contains this information:

   Performing Consistency Checks
   -----------------------------
   Checking cluster versions                                   ok
   Checking database user is the install user                  ok
   Checking database connection settings                       ok
   Checking for prepared transactions                          ok
   Checking for reg* system OID user data types                ok
   Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch       ok
   Checking for invalid "line" user columns                    ok
   Creating dump of global objects                             ok
   Creating dump of database schemas
     django
     engine
     ovirt_engine_history
     postgres
     template1
                                                             ok
   Checking for presence of required libraries                 fatal

   Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from
the
   new installation.  You can add these libraries to the new
installation,
   or remove the functions using them from the old installation.  A list
of
   problem libraries is in the file:
   loadable_libraries.txt

   Failure, exiting

I'm attaching full logs FWIW. Also, I'd like to mention that we created
two custom triggers on the engine's 'users' table, but as I understand
from the error this is not the issue (We upgraded several times within
the same minor and we had no issues with that).

Could someone shed some light on this error and how to debug it?

Thanks.

   [1]: https://www.ovirt.org/release/4.2.0/