[ovirt-users] Network configuration validation error

Jiri Belka jbelka at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 07:06:39 UTC 2018

> This option relevant only for the upgrade from 3.6 to 4.0(engine had
> different OS major versions), it all other cases the upgrade flow very
> similar to upgrade flow of standard engine environment.
>

>     1. Put hosted-engine environment to GlobalMaintenance(you can do it via
>     UI)
>     2. Update engine packages(# yum update -y)
>     3. Run engine-setup
>     4. Disable GlobalMaintenance
>
> Could someone explain me at least what "Cluster PROD is at version 4.2 which
> is not supported by this upgrade flow. Please fix it before upgrading."
> means ? As far as I know 4.2 is the most recent branch available, isn't it ?

I have no idea where did you get

"Cluster PROD is at version 4.2 which is not supported by this upgrade flow. Please fix it before upgrading."

Please do not cut output and provide exact one.

IIUC you should do 'yum update ovirt\*setup\*' and then 'engine-setup'
and only after it would finish successfully you would do 'yum -y update'.
Maybe that's your problem?

Jiri