[ovirt-users] Network configuration validation error

spfma.tech at e.mail.fr spfma.tech at e.mail.fr
Mon Feb 12 08:19:09 UTC 2018

Hi, This is the whole message. Here you get the whole output of the process. I runned these commands on the node hosting the engine vm. But if there is a more efficient workflow, I am interrested in it !   # yum -y update Modules complmentaires chargs : fastestmirror
base | 3.6 kB 00:00:00
centos-sclo-rh-release | 2.9 kB 00:00:00
extras | 3.4 kB 00:00:00
ovirt-4.2 | 3.0 kB 00:00:00
ovirt-4.2-centos-gluster312 | 2.9 kB 00:00:00
ovirt-4.2-centos-opstools | 2.9 kB 00:00:00
ovirt-4.2-centos-ovirt42 | 2.9 kB 00:00:00
ovirt-4.2-centos-qemu-ev | 2.9 kB 00:00:00
ovirt-4.2-epel/x86_64/metalink | 26 kB 00:00:00
ovirt-4.2-virtio-win-latest | 3.0 kB 00:00:00
updates | 3.4 kB 00:00:00
 * base: fr.mirror.babylon.network
 * extras: ftp.ciril.fr
 * ovirt-4.2: mirror.slu.cz
 * ovirt-4.2-epel: mirror.uv.es
 * updates: mirror.plusserver.com
No packages marked for update
# hosted-engine --upgrade-appliance
[ INFO ] Stage: Initializing
[ INFO ] Stage: Environment setup
 During customization use CTRL-D to abort.

 Welcome to the oVirt Self Hosted Engine setup/Upgrade tool.

 Please refer to the oVirt install guide:
 https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/hosted-engine/#fresh-install
 Please refer to the oVirt upgrade guide:
 https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/hosted-engine/#upgrade-hosted-engine
 Continuing will upgrade the engine VM running on this hosts deploying and configuring a new appliance.
 If your engine VM is already based on el7 you can also simply upgrade the engine there.
 This procedure will create a new disk on the hosted-engine storage domain and it will backup there the content of your current engine VM disk.
 The new el7 based appliance will be deployed over the existing disk destroying its content; at any time you will be able to rollback using the content of the backup disk.
 You will be asked to take a backup of the running engine and copy it to this host.
 The engine backup will be automatically injected and recovered on the new appliance.
 Are you sure you want to continue? (Yes, No)[Yes]: Yes
 Configuration files: []
 Log file: /var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup-20180212090846-pse285.log
 Version: otopi-1.7.5 (otopi-1.7.5-1.el7.centos)
[ INFO ] Detecting available oVirt engine appliances
[ INFO ] Stage: Environment packages setup
[ INFO ] Stage: Programs detection
[ INFO ] Stage: Environment setup
[ INFO ] Checking maintenance mode
[ INFO ] The engine VM is running on this host
[ INFO ] Stage: Environment customization

 --== STORAGE CONFIGURATION ==--

[ INFO ] Answer file successfully loaded
[ INFO ] Acquiring internal CA cert from the engine
[ INFO ] The following CA certificate is going to be used, please immediately interrupt if not correct:
[ INFO ] Issuer: C=US, O=pfm-ad.pfm.loc, CN=pfm-ovirt-engine.pfm-ad.pfm.loc.60769, Subject: C=US, O=pfm-ad.pfm.loc, CN=pfm-ovirt-engine.pfm-ad.pfm.loc.60769, Fingerprint (SHA-1): 2815C0CB4D6E05B7503917173F0D65B452C9D3DC

 --== HOST NETWORK CONFIGURATION ==--

[ INFO ] Checking SPM status on this host
[ INFO ] Connecting to Engine
 Enter engine admin username [admin at internal]:
 Enter engine admin password:
[ INFO ] Connecting to Engine
[ INFO ] This upgrade tool is running on the SPM host
[ INFO ] Bridge ovirtmgmt already created
[WARNING] Unable to uniquely detect the interface where Bridge ovirtmgmt has been created on, [u'bond0', u'vnet0', u'vnet1', u'vnet2'] appear to be valid alternatives

 --== VM CONFIGURATION ==--

 The following appliance have been found on your system:
 [1] - The oVirt Engine Appliance image (OVA) - 4.2-20171219.1.el7.centos
 [2] - Directly select an OVA file
 Please select an appliance (1, 2) [1]: 1
[ INFO ] Verifying its sha1sum
[ INFO ] Checking OVF archive content (could take a few minutes depending on archive size)
[ INFO ] Checking OVF XML content (could take a few minutes depending on archive size)
 Please specify the size of the VM disk in GB: [50]:
[ INFO ] Connecting to Engine
[ INFO ] The hosted-engine storage domain has enough free space to contain a new backup disk.
[ INFO ] Checking version requirements
[ INFO ] Checking metadata area
[ INFO ] Hosted-engine configuration is at a compatible level
[ INFO ] Connecting to Engine
[ ERROR ] Cluster PROD is at version 4.2 which is not supported by this upgrade flow. Please fix it before upgrading.
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Environment customization': Unsupported cluster level
[ INFO ] Stage: Clean up
[ INFO ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO ] Stage: Termination
[ ERROR ] Hosted Engine upgrade failed

 Le 12-Feb-2018 08:06:43 +0100, jbelka at redhat.com a crit:
> This option relevant only for the upgrade from 3.6 to 4.0(engine had
 > different OS major versions), it all other cases the upgrade flow very
 > similar to upgrade flow of standard engine environment.
 >

 > 1. Put hosted-engine environment to GlobalMaintenance(you can do it via
 > UI)
 > 2. Update engine packages(# yum update -y)
 > 3. Run engine-setup
 > 4. Disable GlobalMaintenance
 >
 > Could someone explain me at least what "Cluster PROD is at version 4.2 which
 > is not supported by this upgrade flow. Please fix it before upgrading."
 > means ? As far as I know 4.2 is the most recent branch available, isn't it ?

 I have no idea where did you get

 "Cluster PROD is at version 4.2 which is not supported by this upgrade flow. Please fix it before upgrading."

 Please do not cut output and provide exact one.

 IIUC you should do 'yum update ovirt\*setup\*' and then 'engine-setup'
 and only after it would finish successfully you would do 'yum -y update'.
 Maybe that's your problem?

 Jiri