[ovirt-users] Hosted-Engine mount .iso file CLI

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 08:15:44 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 8:22 AM, Russell Wecker <russell.wecker at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a hosted engine setup that when I ran the system updates for it,
> and it will not boot.

Did you set global maintenance mode at update time?
If not, ovirt-ha-agent could try to restart the engine VM for HA reasons in
the middle of the update with potentially dangerous results.

> I would like to have it boot from a rescue CD image so i can fix it i have
> copied the /var/run/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha/vm.conf to /root and modified
> it however i cannot seem to find the exact options to configure the file
> for .iso  my current settings are
>
> devices={index:2,iface:ide,shared:false,readonly:true,
> deviceId:8c3179ac-b322-4f5c-9449-c52e3665e0ae,address:{
> controller:0,target:0,unit:0,bus:1,type:drive},device:
> cdrom,path:,type:disk}
> How do i change it to boot from local .iso.

Hi,
you can add 'bootOrder:1' and the path to your iso image after 'path:' on
your cdrom device line in a local copy of vm.conf.
You have also to remove 'bootOrder:1' from the disk device.

So you can try starting the VM with
  hosted-engine --vm-start --vm-conf=/your/custom/vm.conf

Good luck