[ovirt-users] Spice Client Connection Issues Using aSpice

Jeremy Tourville Jeremy_Tourville at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 18 16:32:34 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am having trouble connecting to my guest vm (Kali Linux) which is running spice. My engine is running version: 4.2.1.7-1.el7.centos.

I am using oVirt Node as my host running version: 4.2.1.1.

I have taken the following steps to try and get everything running properly.

  1.  Download the root CA certificate https://ovirtengine.lan/ovirt-engine/services/pki-resource?resource=ca-certificate&format=X509-PEM-CA
  2.  Edit the vm and define the graphical console entries.  Video type is set to QXL, Graphics protocol is spice, USB support is enabled.
  3.  Install the guest agent in Debian per the instructions here - https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/guest-agent/install-the-guest-agent-in-debian/  It is my understanding that installing the guest agent will also install the virt IO device drivers.
  4.  Install the spice-vdagent per the instructions here - https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/guest-agent/install-the-spice-guest-agent/
  5.   On the aSpice client I have imported the CA certficate from step 1 above.  I defined the connection using the IP of my Node and TLS port 5901.

To troubleshoot my connection issues I confirmed the port being used to listen.
virsh # domdisplay Kali
spice://172.30.42.12?tls-port=5901

I see the following when attempting to connect.
tail -f /var/log/libvirt/qemu/Kali.log

140400191081600:error:14094438:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert internal error:s3_pkt.c:1493:SSL alert number 80
((null):27595): Spice-Warning **: reds_stream.c:379:reds_stream_ssl_accept: SSL_accept failed, error=1

I came across some documentation that states in the caveat section "Certificate of spice SSL should be separate certificate."
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/infra/pki/

Is this still the case for version 4?  The document references version 3.2 and 3.3.  If so, how do I generate a new certificate for use with spice?  Please let me know if you require further info to troubleshoot, I am happy to provide it.  Many thanks in advance.
<https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/infra/pki/>