[ovirt-users] Spice Client Connection Issues Using aSpice

Tomas Jelinek tjelinek at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 10:19:04 UTC 2018

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 5:32 PM, Jeremy Tourville <
Jeremy_Tourville at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble connecting to my guest vm (Kali Linux) which is
> running spice. My engine is running version: 4.2.1.7-1.el7.centos.
>
> I am using oVirt Node as my host running version: 4.2.1.1.
>

> I have taken the following steps to try and get everything running
> properly.
>
>    1. Download the root CA certificate https://
>    ovirtengine.lan/ovirt-engine/services/pki-resource?
>    resource=ca-certificate&format=X509-PEM-CA
>    <https://ovirtengine.lan/ovirt-engine/services/pki-resource?resource=ca-certificate&format=X509-PEM-CA>
>    2. Edit the vm and define the graphical console entries.  Video type
>    is set to QXL, Graphics protocol is spice, USB support is enabled.
>    3. Install the guest agent in Debian per the instructions here -
>    https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/guest-
>    agent/install-the-guest-agent-in-debian/
>    <https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/guest-agent/install-the-guest-agent-in-debian/>
>    It is my understanding that installing the guest agent will also install
>    the virt IO device drivers.
>    4. Install the spice-vdagent per the instructions here -
>    https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/guest-
>    agent/install-the-spice-guest-agent/
>    <https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/guest-agent/install-the-spice-guest-agent/>
>    5.  On the aSpice client I have imported the CA certficate from step 1
>    above.  I defined the connection using the IP of my Node and TLS port 5901.

are you really using aSPICE client (e.g. the android SPICE client?). If
yes, maybe you want to try to open it using moVirt (
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ovirt.mobile.movirt&hl=en)
which delegates the console to aSPICE but configures everything including
the certificates on it. Should be much simpler than configuring it by hand..