[ovirt-users] Cannot activate storage domain

Bruckner, Simone simone.bruckner at fabasoft.com
Wed Feb 28 14:51:34 UTC 2018

Hi all,

  we run a small oVirt installation that we also use for automated testing (automatically creating, dropping vms).

We got an inactive FC storage domain that we cannot activate any more. We see several events at that time starting with:

VM perftest-c17 is down with error. Exit message: Unable to get volume size for domain b83c159c-4ad6-4613-ba16-bab95ccd10c0 volume 686376c1-4be1-44c3-89a3-0a8addc8fdf2.

Trying to activate the strorage domain results in the following alert event for each host:

VDSM <hostname> command GetVGInfoVDS failed: Volume Group does not exist: (u'vg_uuid: 813oRe-64r8-mloU-k9G2-LFsS-dXSG-hpN4kf',)

And after those messages from all hosts we get:

VDSM command ActivateStorageDomainVDS failed: Storage domain does not exist: (u'b83c159c-4ad6-4613-ba16-bab95ccd10c0',)

Failed to activate Storage Domain VMHOST_LUN_205 (Data Center Production) by <user>

Invalid status on Data Center Production. Setting status to Non Responsive.

Storage Pool Manager runs on Host vmhost003.fabagl.fabasoft.com (Address: vmhost003.fabagl.fabasoft.com), Data Center Production.

Checking the hosts with multipath -ll we see the LUN without errors.

We run oVirt 4.2.1 on CentOS 7.4. Hosts are CentOS 7.4 hosts with oVirt installed using oVirt engine.

Hosts are connected to about 30 FC LUNs (8 TB each) on two all-flash storage arrays.

Thank you,

Simone Bruckner