[ovirt-users] Suggestions on changing hosts' network

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 08:02:21 UTC 2018

Hello,
I have a 4.1 cluster based on FC storage domain.
There are 2 hosts that are oVirt node-ng
The engine is external to the oVirt environment
Currently the network situation for ovirtmgmt is this one:

engine on network1 (eg 192.168.1.x/24)
host1 and host2 on network2 (eg 192.168.2.x/24)

network1 and network2 routed through a gw

I have to physically move host1 and host2 so that I should change their ip
with one on network1.
When I added the hosts in oVirt I used as Hostname/IP field their dns
hostname

What is the simplest approach?
I can also give total downtime without particular problems as this is a
test environment.
I think I can put all infra into maintenance, change dns configuration but
then I have also to change hosts network configuration itself...
Possibly the best thing to do is remove/add the hosts? I have some doubts
about the workflow to follow for removal/add and if for an oVirt-ng node I
can change its ip configuration in an easy way.. perhaps from cockpit and
then reboot and connect via cockpit to the new ip

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Gianluca