[ovirt-users] Need input please.

carl langlois crl.langlois at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 14:41:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Version before the update was the latest 4.1.
The storage is NFS.
The host are plain 7.4 Centos.i keep them up to date
if i remenber the initail deploy of the engine vm was full OS

The step to upgrade was:

SSH to hosted engine vm ,
yum install 4.2 release
run engine-setup.
this where i think something when wrong.
the engine setup was not able to update some certificate.. a quick search
on the internet and found that moving the ca.pem from the
/etc/pki/ovrit-engine made the engine-setup work..

from that point the hosted_engine seem to work fine but all hosts and data
center are not operational.

One of my main concern is losing all the template and users vm..

Engine and vdsm log of one host are here..

In the engine log there is a lot of this error..

2018-01-06 08:31:40,459-05 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.GetCapabilitiesVDSCommand]
(EE-ManagedThreadFactory-engineScheduled-Thread-9) [] Command
'GetCapabilitiesVDSCommand(HostName = hosted_engine_2,
VdsIdAndVdsVDSCommandParametersBase:{hostId='7d2b3f49-0fbb-493b-8f3c-5283566e830d',
vds='Host[hosted_engine_2,7d2b3f49-0fbb-493b-8f3c-5283566e830d]'})'
execution failed: VDSGenericException: VDSNetworkException: General
SSLEngine problem.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tZHLIMV0ctGyeDPcGMlJa6evk6fkr
Cz8?usp=sharing

Thanks for your support