[ovirt-users] Can't create 2nd network for VMs in DMZ zone

Andrei V andreil1 at starlett.lv
Sun Jan 7 18:15:08 UTC 2018

Hi !

I'm having difficulty to utilize 2nd NIC on HP Proliant server in order
to connect guest VM to DMZ (engine, node and all other guest VMs are on
internal zone).

I tried to use PCI passthrough, downed ifcfg-enp3s4f1 on node host,
created vNic profile "PCI NIC Passthrough", network named "Node10-NIC2",
then Virtual Machines -> Network Interfaces -> nic 2 of type PCI
Passthrough and profile above.
Unfortunately, guest OS (SuSE Leap 42.3) still don't recognize this NIC.

This 2nd NIC is visible on Compute -> Hosts -> Network Interfaces.
I can assign it network named "Node10-NIC2". However, right now I'm
working from the remote, if node net setup get screwed, it will be a big
problem.
In the archive I found that this 2nd NIC must be up with no IP and
default route. Is this correct definition of ifcfg-enp3s4f1?
NetworkManager is disabled on node.

TYPE=Ethernet
PROXY_METHOD=none
BROWSER_ONLY=no
BOOTPROTO=none
DEFROUTE=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6INIT=no
NM_CONTROLLED=no
NAME=enp3s4f1
UUID=09f96366-e4a9-4e6e-a090-7267ed102d36
DEVICE=enp3s4f1
ONBOOT=yes

Thanks in advance
Andrei V